Marnie Cooper, a former child actor and longtime student of acting herself, is one of the most successful and highly regarded acting coaches for children and young teens in the country.
Marnie’s kids *work.*
You’ve seen them in nearly every film and television show with a role for kids for more than two decades now: from “How The Grinch Stole Christmas” to “Mr. Popper’s Penguins,” “Little Miss Sunshine,” and “Easy A”; from “Law & Order” to “Parenthood,” “NCIS,” “The Middle,” “House,” and “New Girl.”
Marnie’s kids have been nominated for Emmys, Cable ACE awards, and Tonys. They’ve won Camie, Peabody, and Young Artist awards.
Some have become stars—like Leelee Sobieski (“Joan of Arc”), Miley Cyrus (“Hannah Montana”), and Mila Kunis (“That ‘70s Show”). Many are acting as series regulars right now in everything from daytime soaps to “A.N.T. Farm,” “Falling Skies,” “Nurse Jackie,” “Men of a Certain Age,” and “Gossip Girl.”
Marnie knows acting. She knows kids. And she knows how to put the two together with spectacular results.
Here, for the very first time, she reveals exactly how she does it, her own unique and phenomenally effective method.
In *Teaching Kids How to Act for Film & Television* she shows you—you the parent, the teacher, the coach—in simple, clear detail how to teach your child or other people’s children how to audition, book roles, act for film and television, and have absolutely the best chance of becoming wildly successful in the industry.
This is Marnie-in-a-book. Marnie right there beside you, teaching you how to teach your child.
If your child has any interest at all in acting for film or television, or if you wish to teach other people’s children how to do that, you will almost certainly want this book, want to have Marnie at your side.
Here are just a few of the many accolades Marnie has received for her knowledge and her work.
– From Director Ron Howard – “Marnie Cooper is passionate, knowledgeable and a wonderful teacher. Her integrity and enthusiasm are exemplary and in the most positive way infectious. She did terrific work day in and day out with the young actors in “How the Grinch Stole Christmas.”
– From CBS Vice President of Casting Karen Church – “Marnie Cooper’s understanding and love of children, combined with the discipline of her technique, allows each child to grow to his or her full potential. I recommend Marnie to anyone (child or teen) who is serious about acting.”
– From Stephen Schwartz, Composer/Lyricist for “Pocahontas,” “ Pippin,” “Godspell,” “Wicked” – “I have seen Marnie Cooper prove Svengali-like, eliciting confident, professional performances from actors.”
– From Stuart Stone, Casting Director – “Marnie is amazing. Her kids blow me away!”
– From Marilyn Zitner, Marilyn Zitner Management – “She’s the ultimate acting coach for children and teens. You don’t get any better,”
– From Barry Kolker, The Carson Kolker Organization, Ltd – “Marnie Cooper is an excellent acting teacher and coach. She is dedicated 150 percent to her students, and the call back and booking rates are phenomenal. She has a loyal following because of her tremendous talent and commitment. I can’t recommend her highly enough.”